Long term schemes and one off workshops offered to schools across the North East.
£115 for half a day, £200 for full.
Use Pupil Premium or Sports Premium funding to help your pupils develop through a Forest School programme.
Planned and delivered by outstanding teacher and practitioner.
email@example.com for more information or to arrange a meeting.
Find information of how to use Sports Premium funding to support your forest school programme here:
Find some ideas of the kinds of one off workshops we can offer here:
We have a Forest School set up at Brockwell Woods, Winlaton, and welcome schools to use this long term or for one off workshops when hiring Stomping Grounds to run sessions or school visits.
We can also visit your school or woodland local to your school if you would like to set up a Forest School on your premises.
“Forest School is a place where:
• Pupils and adults (practitioners, teachers and support staff) interact in an environment different from the classroom
As a result:
• Pupils and practitioners gain a better understanding of each other
• There is an increase in trust between pupils and practitioners
• Children develop a bonding relationship with peers and staff
• There is a comparable difference between children’s behaviour in normal settings (indoors/classroom) and in Forest School
This is often manifested by:
• Children acting differently or showing behaviour that has not been seen before
• The children being calmer in the classroom after a Forest School session
• Practitioners seeing the children using some of the experiences or words they have learnt at Forest School in the classroom ”
We are currently working with Mountfield Primary School in Kenton. They have a beautiful site which the children look forward to visiting. Each year group has access to 9 weeks of Forest School and help to plan the programme with Sophie. So far we have had Jack and the Beanstalk and dinosaurs, a Zombie Apocalypse, ‘what makes a community’, treehouse building, birds and flag making. Teachers love it at much as pupils and comments include:
“you have brought out the best in year 4”
“I’ve never seen them work so well together”
“The language they use out here is amazing, I wish I could record it!”
“its so important that they are given this time during their busy curriculum”
“I LOVE FOREST SCHOOL!”